If interested in posting a job opportunity, please contact Susan Lunt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Real Estate Analyst
Blue Vista Capital Management, LLC
Founded in 2002 in Chicago, Blue Vista is a real estate private equity firm with over $3 Billion of assets under management. The firm co-invests with investors and developers of all real property types including office, retail, multifamily and industrial properties, across the United States. Additionally, the firm has a real estate investment platform focused on the acquisition, development and on-going asset management of student housing properties.
Blue Vista is seeking to hire a full-time acquisitions analyst to assist our firm’s investment activities. The position will have a strong emphasis on analytics, financial modeling and market research. Our team provides analysts with a high level of responsibility and a unique opportunity to gain direct exposure with joint venture partners, brokers, legal counsel, commercial lenders and other consultants. Responsibilities include: Support investment officers in analyzing real estate investments for potential acquisitions, developments and redevelopments, including a heavy emphasis on financial modeling; Assist in business plan development and exit strategy planning and execution for all investments; Assist in the research and analysis of capital markets, property sectors and key industries to help identify investment opportunities; Work to help coordinate the due diligence of student housing investments; Help with the asset management and portfolio management of Blue Vista owned properties; Evaluate investment performance of the assets, prepare cash flows forecasts and annual asset valuations, and execute strategic plans and hold/sell analyses.
· 1-2 years of experience as an analyst or analyst intern in a PE firm, real estate investment firm or investment bank. Real estate specific experience is strongly preferred, but not required.
· Real estate valuation experience and JV structuring experience a plus.
· Excellent academic record with a bachelor’s degree from a top school preferred.
· Strong quantitative and technical/computer skills (proficiency in Word and Microsoft Excel is required and proficiency in ARGUS is a plus).
· Strong real estate financial modeling skills are a must.
· Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
· Ability to work effectively as part of a growing, dynamic team.
· Strong interest in the real estate private equity industry.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Cohen Financial is an integrated full service provider of capital related products and services to the commercial real estate industry. This position will provide hands on support to the CEO and the executive team in all CRE transaction management activities. He/she will foster client relationships through networking, repeated follow ups, and various revenue generating strategies. Duties include:
· Assist with debt and equity sourcing, pricing, placement, and capital advisory services.
· Manage all activities associated with closing a commercial real estate deal.
· Participate in client development and foster relationships in partnership with CEO.
· Lead client follow up efforts as it relates to prospects, various projects, and existing transactions.
· Knowledge of the capital markets industry, specifically underwriting, credit, and valuation;
· Background and understanding of commercial mortgage loan process and documents;
· Ability to structure and negotiate with borrowers, lenders, and equity providers;
· Ability and willingness to cold call prospects and deliver results;
· Strong interpersonal abilities and networking skills;
· Proficient in MS Excel, Argus, REIS, and CoStar.
· 5-10 years of experience in commercial real estate, financial services, or a related field.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
For a full job description and to apply CLICK HERE
National Equity Fund
National Equity Fund, Inc. (NEF), a leading non-profit syndicator of low-income housing tax credits, is seeking an Originations Analyst to assist in evaluating the feasibility of investments including part or all of the following tasks: prepare projections, engagement or commitment letters, evaluate potential adjusters post-closing, assist in maintaining relationships with non-profit and for-profit low-income housing developers.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, urban planning for finance. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 – 4 years experience in underwriting and structuring real estate projects.
• Prior experience with affordable housing or knowledge of state and local housing finance programs a plus.
• Understanding of non-profit housing and development and commitment to workig with diverse communities.
• Frequent travel will be required.
Real Estate Financial Analyst
The Multifamily Analyst will perform the following deal review/processing functions: Review and analyze new loan opportunities presented to the product originations team. This includes a detailed review of the loan template and narrative presentation; Analyst to review, size and price transactions with the product originations team during the quote process; Draft quotes to the business and credit teams; Add quotes to internal tracking system; Prepare loan applications; Draft internal approval memos; Follow up on outstanding business and address internal reporting needs; Review loan servicing data; Review pertinent market information, including rent/sale comps, capitalization rates, market vacancy, trends and other data necessary to evaluate specific loan opportunities, including competitor information; Assist in transitioning new business through process; and Create and update marketing materials.
• 2 – 5 years of experience desired
• GSE experience strongly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other business-related field
• Experience in real estate operations and financial analysis preferred
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Real Estate Analyst
Prime Finance Partners
Prime Finance is a private commercial real estate finance company with discretionary capital which directly originates mortgage, mezzanine and preferred equity financing and also acquires performing, sub-performing and distressed debt. Since our inception in 2008, we have originated or purchased over $3 Billion in commercial real estate debt.
Prime Finance is looking to add an analyst to its Chicago office to work with our Originations team. We are targeting candidates with 1-3 years of commercial real estate experience. The Analyst will focus primarily on underwriting to understand how new investments will perform under Prime Finance’s mortgage loan program as well as assist senior members of the team with due diligence collection and presenting findings to the Investment Committee for each investment.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience, including: real estate, finance, underwriting, asset management
• Minimum one year of experience at a brokerage shop or other lending shop
• Strong quantitative and technical/computer skills
• Real estate cash flow modeling experience
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related area preferred
• A true self-starter capable of accomplishing complicated tasks with limited supervision
• Strong interest in the real estate debt and private equity industry
Interested candidates should contact Lauren Dieter at email@example.com for the full job description.
Asset Manager Associate – Student Housing Asset Management
Blue Vista Capital Management, LLC
Founded in 2002 in Chicago, Blue Vista is a growing real estate private equity firm with over $3 billion of assets under management. In the student housing sector, Blue Vista has acquired or developed over $1
billion in assets, and is one of the largest private owners of student housing in the United States. Blue Vista has a fully integrated student housing platform.
The candidate will be a key member of the asset management team, responsible for assisting in the asset management of the student housing properties, and reporting to the Portfolio Manager. Asset Manager Associate will help to manage the investments and enhance their overall value. The position will bring with it a high level of responsibility and an opportunity for growth in an expanding, well-capitalized company. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
Investment analysis including: Evaluating investment performance of assets; Executing strategic business plans and hold/sell analyses; Preparing cash flow forecasts and annual asset valuations; Managing external appraisals; Assisting in refinancings; and Managing asset dispositions.
Strategically manage each asset to maximize investment returns and values by: Overseeing operating performance and capital expenditures; Monitoring lease-up and revenue management; Visiting assets and markets periodically to monitor performance and investment opportunities; Providing leadership and direction to the property management teams; Working integrally with property management staff to develop, review, revise and approve the budgets and business plans; Developing, updating and executing strategic plans and business plans; Forecasting cash flows and determining distribution strategies; Ensuring lender compliance; Monitoring operations for REIT compliance; Communicating to investors regarding asset performance and preparing investor reporting; Overseeing real estate tax appeal status; Monitoring market activity including new supply tracking and sale activity; Acquiring market, property sector and capital market knowledge to provide expertise for new
investment opportunities and pricing; and Cultivating/enhancing market relationships.
- Prior experience (3-5 years) in asset management (preferably in student housing, multi-family
housing or hospitality) and/or student housing operations and management
- Investment management and fundamental real estate and valuation knowledge preferred
- Individual must be a highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and
have the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; flexible and adaptable
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, effectively manage time, meet deadlines and work
with minimal direction
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills: proficiency in Excel is required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An undergraduate degree is required
- Travel is required
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Portfolio Management Analyst
Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management
Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management aims to deliver superior long-term risk adjusted returns, preservation of capital and diversification to investors. Our real estate investment business (formerly RREEF Real Estate) is one of the world’s largest real estate investment managers. As part of the Alternatives and Real Assets platform, we invest across the risk spectrum in core, value-added and opportunistic real estate, real estate and infrastructure securities and real estate debt on behalf of governments, corporations, insurance companies, endowments, and retirement plans worldwide.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic and self-motivated team player that can contribute immediately in performing quantitative and qualitative analysis. The analyst will assist in the appraisal process; complete in-house valuations and analyzing the results; assist in preparation of the Annual Investment Plan and in the development of Hold/Sell recommendations; prepare disposition analysis, Investment Committee presentations and provide information for sale and financing packages; assist in the preparation of materials for quarterly Fund and client meetings; and prepare projections of future Fund performance. The ideal candidate will have: a BA or BS degree in accounting or finance, background in real estate appraisal, investment sales or asset management, one to three years work experience within the real estate industry, prior experience with Argus; and proficiency with Microsoft Excel and discounted cash flow modeling.
For a complete job description and to apply, CLICK HERE
Real Esate Analyst/Associate
Jefferies LoanCore LLC
Jefferies LoanCore LLC (“JLC”) is a privately held commercial real estate finance company with over $2.5 billion in investment capacity. JLC was founded by the principals of LoanCore, a $1.5 billion secondary investment debt fund started in June 2008. The sole investor in LoanCore’s first fund is GIC, one of the world’s largest Sovereign Wealth Funds with international assets well in excess of $100 billion and a deep real estate and mortgage investment expertise. LoanCore’s purchases include a mix of first mortgage loans, subordinate mortgage and mezzanine debt and CMBS bonds.
- Underwriting cash flows of all major property types and a variety of loan sizes.
- Conduct due diligence and market research on potential loan opportunities.
- Interact with mortgage brokers and borrowers on the sourcing of new deals.
- Conduct site inspections on all major property types.
- Compose detailed memorandums for investment committee.
- Oversee the due diligence, legal, and closing process.
- Prepare loans for securitization and work with rating agencies and investors.
- Interact with all levels of senior management.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. The position prefers 1-4 years of experience in real estate acquisitions, operations, asset management, balance sheet or CMBS lending, or real estate investment banking. Candidates should be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word and have the ability to create clear and concise work product. ARGUS experience is a plus but not required. If interested, please email your resume to Jason Mergen at email@example.com.
Real Estate Analyst
Equity Group Investments
Equity Group Investments (EGI) is a 40+ year-old, Chicago-based private investment firm founded by Sam Zell, and cultivated in its early years through Zell’s partnership with Robert Lurie (1942 to 1990). The firm’s origins are in real estate, but EGI’s doctrine has always been opportunistic, often contrarian, investing and active ownership.
The firm is looking to add an experienced Analyst to the real estate team to assist in analyzing potential investments and asset managing the firm’s existing $1.4 billion real estate portfolio. The Analyst will work closely with senior investment and financial professionals and provide support by preparing extensive financial analysis and market research.
Include but are not limited to the following: Construct acquisition and valuation models; Conduct market and industry research; Assist in due diligence on potential acquisitions and in preparing Investment Committee memos and briefings; Assist in the asset management of the portfolio; Perform hold / sell analyses; Prepare and maintain property proformas and forecasts; Compile management reports. Candidate will be/possess: Collaborative and team-oriented; Strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities; Strong analytical and interpersonal skills; Highly motivated, self starter; Proactive learner, detail oriented with good organizational skills and ability to multi-task; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Argus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in finance, real estate, economics or accounting
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Interested candidates should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate/Senior Associate- Asset Managment
Harrison Street Real Estate Capital
Candidates should posses broad-based analytical kills, strong understanding of Excel and Power Point, have superior communication and research skills. Specific duties will include but are not limited to the following:
Analyze monthly financial performance and budgets; Model hold/sell/refinance scenarios and assist in the preparation of disposition investment committee memorandums; Accountable for JV and Fund level models; Assist in preparation of quarterly Fund flash reports; Participate in the annual business plan and valuation process; Prepare investor and co-investor reporting material on a quarterly and annual basis; Manage and update debt database; Analyze lease transactions; and assist in managing relationships with existing operating partners.
Interested candidates, send all resumes to email@example.com.
Portfolio Manager II
Responsible for underwriting, credit monitoring and portfolio management of commercial real estate relationships to achieve efficiencies and quality of the process and product, assist in the retention and expansion of existing client relationship, growth of total client assets and net growth in relationships. Primary performance responsibilities include analyzing financial data to determine the merits of both new loan and renewal/modification requests, including recommending structure, as well as assisting the RM in the identification of cross selling/referring opportunities of other deposits services. At a senior level, may be responsible for direct or indirect oversight of other Portfolio Managers.
To see the full job description and apply, please click here: Job Description and reference Job Number: 1310996
Loan Administration Manager
Locations: Chicago and Milwaukee
Responsible for managing the loan administration function of our Commercial Real Estate division, as well as the CRE portfolio, at the pre-closing stage. Ensures the team prepares and reviews loan documentation for accuracy, timeliness and adherence to standards and regulatory requirements. Maintains quality control and effectiveness of department procedures with ongoing analysis to ensure compliance with Bank standards and practices, and is responsible for ongoing analysis of workflow and procedures. Provide high quality customer service and support to Relationship Managers (RM), clients and other colleagues.
To see the full job description and apply, please click here: Job Description and reference Job Number: 1212418 for Chicago and 1212457 for Milwaukee.