If interested in posting a job opportunity, please contact Laura Goodell at email@example.com.
Berkadia, jointly owned by Berkshire Hathaway and Leucadia National Corporation, is a leading lender, mortgage banker, investment sales advisor and research source for multifamily and commercial real estate nationwide. Berkadia is an originator and servicer for Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, HUD, MAP and LEAN, as well as a highly rated master, primary and special servicer managing a portfolio of more than $245 billion. Berkadia is a correspondent for 40 insurance companies and has origination and servicing agreements with major CMBS conduits. Rounding out its capabilities, Berkadia also offers proprietary bridge lending.
Berkadia’s investment sales advisory group incorporates capital markets knowledge with local real estate expertise to successfully list, sell and finance any type of multifamily transaction, regardless of size or complexity. This group provides clients with access to experienced professionals whose singular focus is to assist clients in maximizing the value and managing the risk of multi-housing properties. Clients benefit from powerful industry knowledge and direct access to a team of experts who have an average of 25 years of industry experience.
A career with Berkadia will provide you with new challenges and possibilities to prosper in a dynamic organization. You’ll find a company committed to promoting an open, fair and participatory environment. Your contributions will be sought and welcomed as a team member focused on meeting and exceeding the customers’ needs.
If you share our ideals and if the prospect of working for a global leader excites you, consider the following opportunity we currently have in our Chicago office.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
•Analyze pertinent financial and credit data to structure a loan request that meets the Client’s needs and represents an acceptable risk adjusted return for the lender.
•Compile, analyze, and maintain market research data.
•Prepare loan submission packages for lender review including analyses of appraisal, environmental, and engineering reports.
•Interact with the borrower throughout the underwriting process to keep them apprised of their progress and highlight outstanding critical path items for the transaction.
•Regularly works on site, but may be required to travel for property inspections.
•Independently monitors trends and developments in the local and national real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to the mortgage market.
•Effectively prioritizes tasks in order to handle multiple transactions concurrently.
•Professionally represents mortgage bankers and the company to our borrower clients, lender representatives and others.
Desired Skills & Experience:
BA/BS degree in Finance or related field
•Direct financial analysis experience is a plus
•Experience with originating loans on behalf of GSE’s (Freddie Mac / Fannie Mae) is a plus
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong analytical and quantitative skills
•Strong excel modeling skills, including experience creating cash flow models
•Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet aggressive deadlines
If you want to advance your career with a leading mortgage banking firm, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Berkadia Commercial Mortgage offers competitive compensation, along with excellent benefits.
Project Manager- The National Equity Fund, Inc (NEF)
The National Equity Fund, Inc. (NEF), a leading syndicator of low-income housing tax credits, is seeking a Project Manager for our Chicago office. The primary function of this position is to manage and coordinate due diligence and underwriting process for tax credit equity investments in affordable housing opportunities.
The essential duties and responsibilities will include:
(a) upon securing a project by originations, coordinate project meeting with developer including all entities involved,
(b) lead role in arranging and reviewing third party market study and work with third party market analyst to obtain a finished product in accordance with company specifications,
(c) prepare market write-up for investment proposal (IP) and recommend rent and income parameters for assigned deals based upon market study and due diligence,
(d) prepare expense analysis for IP, coordinate with internal departments to evaluate proposed operating budget,
(e) prepare the guarantor financial analysis for the IP and obtain guarantor due diligence and conduct initial guarantor and entity review, including online search,
(f) review project due diligence and projections throughout closing process, with designated VP Project Management, monitor review of due diligence and completion of checklist, responsible for responding to investor questions,
(g) provide assistance and support to internal staff as needed; relating to modification to deal structure post-closing, monitor construction and lease-up and assist in analyses at time of project conversion to perm loan and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in business, economics, urban planning or finance. Requirements are a minimum of three to four year experience in underwriting, structuring real estate projects and credit analysis. Prior experience with affordable housing loans or investment is required. Knowledge of state and local programs is a plus. Understanding of non-profit housing and community development and commitment to working with diverse low income communities. Must have strong analytical skills and proficiency in Excel is required with ability to manipulate complex underwriting spreadsheets. Additional skill sets include: ability to multi-task on a variety of projects and tasks, excellent verbal and written communication and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment. Ability to travel as needed.
We offer a competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits package.
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements via fax to (312) 360-0804, email to email@example.com or mail to The National Equity Fund, Human Resources Department, 120 South Riverside Plaza, 15th Floor, Chicago, IL 60606.
Multifamily Production Analyst- Freddie Mac
The Director of The Multifamily Production Division is seeking a Multifamily Production Analyst to join the team. The person in this role will support and assist the Production Team in the origination and structuring of permanent (long-term) financing and/or recapitalization for commercial properties with secondary involvement in business development and new product initiatives. This may include assisting in regular marketing calls regarding new products & processes, joint marketing calls to meet with active borrowers in assigned territory, and attending industry events.
* Assisting with a high volume of deal contact, property inspections, preliminary sizing of deals per Freddie Mac’s credit policies, the quoting and deal structuring process.
* Working cooperatively with the underwriting group to negotiate the terms of the transaction and to otherwise ensure clear communication and a seamless execution.
* Assisting with deal management through rate lock and is expected to be involved as necessary as issues arise through the underwriting, commitment, and closing process.
* Pipelining management for the assigned team and for the Region will be required.
* Working directly with a Production Team lead and has frequent contact with individuals representing other departments, and/or representing outside organizations.
* Often involved in obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be of sensitive nature.
* 1-3 years of commercial real estate experience with an emphasis Multifamily•
* 4-year degree in Real Estate or Finance with adequate real estate course work•
* Must be willing to travel (up to 25%)
* Financial services background
* One to two years of experience in mortgage banking and loan closing
* Multifamily or commercial real estate lending experience
* Strong organizational and analytical skills.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
For additional information or to apply directly please contact Brett hood at Brett_Hood@freddiemac.com.
Mission Capital Advisors, LLC
Debt & Equity Origination Professionals
New York, Chicago, Washington, DC, and Newport Beach, CA
Mission’s Debt & Equity Advisory Group is seeking origination professionals to raise debt and equity for commercial and multi-family property investments. The ideal candidate or team will have an existing book of business which will benefit from sophisticated debt and joint venture placement capabilities and exceptional institutional investor relationships.
Mission Capital has a robust pipeline and deep institutional client roster. Mission’s Debt & Equity Advisory Group has a strong analyst team, industry leading technology and exceptional in-house graphic design and production at our disposal. Mission’s joint venture equity capabilities make for a competitive advantage over most debt-only capital raising firms.
As a relatively new group, candidates will have minimal client coverage conflicts with other team members and can also call on blocked relationships at their existing firms. The candidate’s clients will also have access to Mission’s industry-leading loan sale advisory business, gaining direct exposure to more than $4 billion of annual loan sale opportunities from the federal government, investment banks, commercial banks, finance companies and hedge funds.
To achieve the stated objectives for this position, the following duties will be required:
1. Manage existing and develop new relationships with owners, developers and investors of commercial and multi-family
2. Complete initial opportunity evaluation and analysis
3. Separate opportunities from activity
4. Convert relationships into exclusive financing mandates
5. Attend and participate in industry conferences, symposia and other high level events
6. Entertain clients and assist in implementing Mission-sponsored events
7. Work within a team framework to execute transactions
8. Assist in negotiations with capital sources providing both debt and equity, where necessary
9. Troubleshoot and close transactions, where necessary
To achieve the stated objectives for this position the following experience will be required:
1. 3+ years’ experience in commercial real estate brokerage capacity
2. Proven track record of closing loans and / or JV equity investments
3. Understanding of equity partnership / promote structures
4. Previous experience in a mortgage brokerage, bank, fund, CMBS or investment banking, consulting or legal environment preferred
5. Strong quantitative / analytical skills and writing ability
6. Technology proficient
7. Attention to detail / thoroughness / focus / determination
8. Likes and prioritizes work
For additional information please contact Christie Tully at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commercial Mortgages Loan Analyst
Allstate Investments manages approximately $90 Billion of assets. Our goal is to provide sustainable, competitive, risk-adjusted investment returns and investment related services for the benefit of The Allstate Corporation. Investment performance for our portfolios has consistently provided excess returns for our customers, and we attribute that success in large part to the quality of our people. The size of the investment group exceeds 300 individuals across a variety of investment disciplines including, fixed income, equities, private securities, commercial mortgages and derivative asset classes, as well as, finance and technology.
The Commercial Mortgage Loan Analyst is responsible for the general loan administration, asset management and servicing of the commercial mortgage portfolio through regular communication with external servicers and internal Production, Legal and Accounting staff.
• Performs the following functions related to loan administration and asset management of the commercial mortgage portfolio in accordance with Loan Servicing Procedures and under the general supervision of a Loan Servicing Team Leader:
• Collaborates with external Servicers and internal Allstate staff; handling all correspondence and inquiries related to payments, late fees, real estate taxes, property and liability insurance, borrower requests, payoffs, releases and general servicing, etc.
• Reviews and approves pre-closing insurance and renewals, obtains waivers of any insurance requirements from Production team; engages Servicers on new loans and refinances; updates mortgage loan servicing system/database and preparing electronic files for new loans and refinances.
• Reviews and approves Borrower requests from Servicer recommendations and works with Legal staff to finalize all related legal documents. Borrower requests include Assignments and Assumptions, Lease Approvals, SNDAs, Partial Releases, Special Escrow Disbursements, Collateral Substitutions, Note Modifications and Extensions, Insurance Loss Drafts, Condemnations, Easements, etc.
• Monitors quarterly collection of rent rolls, property operating statements.
• Analyzes annual operating statements for quarterly loan valuations based on pre-determined assumptions, reviews of NOI for RBC purposes, and provides notification to Production team as issues arise.
• Collects and reviews quarterly property inspections and monitors deferred maintenance, safety and vacancy issues to resolution.
• Monitors Servicer compliance for annual certifications, Fidelity bond and E&O coverage, company financials, USAP requirements, escrow balances and monthly reporting requirements related to real estate taxes, insurance and delinquency reports.
• The Commercial Mortgage Loan Analyst will work independently with his or her assigned servicers.
• Participates in servicing staff meetings.
• Minimal travel to special events or industry related conferences
•A minimum 1-2 years of experience in Commercial Real Estate, preferably Loan Servicing or related experience
•A recent college graduate with relevant Real Estate or Commercial Loan internships
To apply or for additional information please CLICK HERE
Director of Multi-Family Lending Group
American Street Capital
American Street Capital, LLC (“ASC”) is a leading national commercial real estate finance advisory firm based in Chicago that focuses on the small balance segment of the marketplace. With extensive correspondent CMBS and portfolio lending relationships specializing in multi-family, owner-occupied, and traditional investment properties, ASC offers best in class service and products for first time buyers and seasoned real estate investors.
American Street Capital is offering a senior executive position to a seasoned commercial or residential mortgage banker to manage the multifamily division of an established commercial lending advisory firm.
The Director of the Multi-Family Lending Group (“DMFLG”) is exclusively for a senior commercial mortgage professional that wants to receive a leading compensation package by monetizing their established network of multi-family operator clients.
The position will require the management and operations of the multi-family lending division that is a designated correspondent to CMBS and portfolio lenders for multi-family, mixed-use, manufactured housing communities, and student housing. Directly reporting only to the president of the company, the DMFLG will be responsible for the origination of new loans, managing the sales staff, and managing the company’s robust referral network. Additional responsibilities include presentations to existing and potential partner organizations, recruitment of new members of the Multi-Family Lending Group, and attendance and involvement in social service events on behalf of the company.
Unlike most companies, we offer a dedicated seasoned underwriting staff and loan packaging technology to ensure the fastest, easiest, and most reliable commercial lending process available.
– Minimum of 7+ years of commercial mortgage lending experience
– Minimum of 2+ years of CMBS commercial mortgage origination experience
– Minimum of 7+ years of real estate industry related experience
– Strong work ethic and professional appearance
– Self-motivated and driven by financial success
– College education required
– Candidates must be local and live within 35 miles of the corporate office
For additional details on the position please reach out to email@example.com. All interested candidates please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 1998, Next Realty, LLC is a real estate private equity firm focused on the acquisition and management of retail and parking properties throughout the United States. To date, Next Realty has completed 50 transactions representing over $500 million in total capitalization. The company’s main focus is on acquiring, repositioning and improving operations of undervalued retail and parking properties. Additional information about Next Realty is available on our website: www.nextrealty.com.
The Financial Analyst will play an important role in executing Next Realty’s investment strategy. The position will have a strong emphasis on financial modeling and market research. The position will support the Acquisitions team in the analysis, underwriting, due diligence, financing and acquisition closing process. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Analyzing potential retail and parking investment opportunities.
• Perform detailed financial analysis to assess investment risk and returns.
• Assist with the acquisition due diligence, financing and closing process.
• Review and analyze commercial leases, financial statements, third party reports and other property related documents and contracts.
• Prepare investment summaries and financing packages.
• Support on-going asset management activities, including financings and dispositions.
• Collaborate with the Asset Management and Accounting departments in preparing annual budgets and financial statements.
• Oversee Next Realty’s proprietary property database.
• 2-5 years of commercial real estate experience.
• Minimum 2 years experience as a financial analyst for a real estate investment firm, financial institution or investment sales brokerage firm.
• Understanding of commercial real estate terminology, principles, metrics and valuation techniques.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, and ability to work effectively in teams.
• Ideal candidate must be a self-starter and quick study with an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Strong planning, organization and attention to detail.
• Ability and willingness to work under tight timelines and work extended hours as needed.
• Proficient in financial modeling tools especially Argus and Excel.
• Undergraduate degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance or Accounting.
Interested candidates should email your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Real Estate Analyst
Blue Vista Capital Management, LLC
Founded in 2002 in Chicago, Blue Vista is a real estate private equity firm with over $3 Billion of assets under management. The firm co-invests with investors and developers of all real property types including office, retail, multifamily and industrial properties, across the United States. Additionally, the firm has a real estate investment platform focused on the acquisition, development and on-going asset management of student housing properties.
Blue Vista is seeking to hire a full-time acquisitions analyst to assist our firm’s investment activities. The position will have a strong emphasis on analytics, financial modeling and market research. Our team provides analysts with a high level of responsibility and a unique opportunity to gain direct exposure with joint venture partners, brokers, legal counsel, commercial lenders and other consultants. Responsibilities include: Support investment officers in analyzing real estate investments for potential acquisitions, developments and redevelopments, including a heavy emphasis on financial modeling; Assist in business plan development and exit strategy planning and execution for all investments; Assist in the research and analysis of capital markets, property sectors and key industries to help identify investment opportunities; Work to help coordinate the due diligence of student housing investments; Help with the asset management and portfolio management of Blue Vista owned properties; Evaluate investment performance of the assets, prepare cash flows forecasts and annual asset valuations, and execute strategic plans and hold/sell analyses.
· 1-2 years of experience as an analyst or analyst intern in a PE firm, real estate investment firm or investment bank. Real estate specific experience is strongly preferred, but not required.
· Real estate valuation experience and JV structuring experience a plus.
· Excellent academic record with a bachelor’s degree from a top school preferred.
· Strong quantitative and technical/computer skills (proficiency in Word and Microsoft Excel is required and proficiency in ARGUS is a plus).
· Strong real estate financial modeling skills are a must.
· Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
· Ability to work effectively as part of a growing, dynamic team.
· Strong interest in the real estate private equity industry.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Asset Manager Associate – Student Housing Asset Management
Blue Vista Capital Management, LLC
Founded in 2002 in Chicago, Blue Vista is a growing real estate private equity firm with over $3 billion of assets under management. In the student housing sector, Blue Vista has acquired or developed over $1
billion in assets, and is one of the largest private owners of student housing in the United States. Blue Vista has a fully integrated student housing platform.
The candidate will be a key member of the asset management team, responsible for assisting in the asset management of the student housing properties, and reporting to the Portfolio Manager. Asset Manager Associate will help to manage the investments and enhance their overall value. The position will bring with it a high level of responsibility and an opportunity for growth in an expanding, well-capitalized company. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
Investment analysis including: Evaluating investment performance of assets; Executing strategic business plans and hold/sell analyses; Preparing cash flow forecasts and annual asset valuations; Managing external appraisals; Assisting in refinancings; and Managing asset dispositions.
Strategically manage each asset to maximize investment returns and values by: Overseeing operating performance and capital expenditures; Monitoring lease-up and revenue management; Visiting assets and markets periodically to monitor performance and investment opportunities; Providing leadership and direction to the property management teams; Working integrally with property management staff to develop, review, revise and approve the budgets and business plans; Developing, updating and executing strategic plans and business plans; Forecasting cash flows and determining distribution strategies; Ensuring lender compliance; Monitoring operations for REIT compliance; Communicating to investors regarding asset performance and preparing investor reporting; Overseeing real estate tax appeal status; Monitoring market activity including new supply tracking and sale activity; Acquiring market, property sector and capital market knowledge to provide expertise for new
investment opportunities and pricing; and Cultivating/enhancing market relationships.
– Prior experience (3-5 years) in asset management (preferably in student housing, multi-family
housing or hospitality) and/or student housing operations and management
– Investment management and fundamental real estate and valuation knowledge preferred
– Individual must be a highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and
have the ability to work effectively as part of a team
– Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; flexible and adaptable
– Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, effectively manage time, meet deadlines and work
with minimal direction
– Superior analytical and quantitative skills: proficiency in Excel is required
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills
– An undergraduate degree is required
– Travel is required
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Real Esate Analyst/Associate
Jefferies LoanCore LLC
Jefferies LoanCore LLC (“JLC”) is a privately held commercial real estate finance company with over $2.5 billion in investment capacity. JLC was founded by the principals of LoanCore, a $1.5 billion secondary investment debt fund started in June 2008. The sole investor in LoanCore’s first fund is GIC, one of the world’s largest Sovereign Wealth Funds with international assets well in excess of $100 billion and a deep real estate and mortgage investment expertise. LoanCore’s purchases include a mix of first mortgage loans, subordinate mortgage and mezzanine debt and CMBS bonds.
– Underwriting cash flows of all major property types and a variety of loan sizes.
– Conduct due diligence and market research on potential loan opportunities.
– Interact with mortgage brokers and borrowers on the sourcing of new deals.
– Conduct site inspections on all major property types.
– Compose detailed memorandums for investment committee.
– Oversee the due diligence, legal, and closing process.
– Prepare loans for securitization and work with rating agencies and investors.
– Interact with all levels of senior management.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. The position prefers 1-4 years of experience in real estate acquisitions, operations, asset management, balance sheet or CMBS lending, or real estate investment banking. Candidates should be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word and have the ability to create clear and concise work product. ARGUS experience is a plus but not required. If interested, please email your resume to Jason Mergen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Real Estate Analyst
Equity Group Investments
Equity Group Investments (EGI) is a 40+ year-old, Chicago-based private investment firm founded by Sam Zell, and cultivated in its early years through Zell’s partnership with Robert Lurie (1942 to 1990). The firm’s origins are in real estate, but EGI’s doctrine has always been opportunistic, often contrarian, investing and active ownership.
The firm is looking to add an experienced Analyst to the real estate team to assist in analyzing potential investments and asset managing the firm’s existing $1.4 billion real estate portfolio. The Analyst will work closely with senior investment and financial professionals and provide support by preparing extensive financial analysis and market research.
Include but are not limited to the following: Construct acquisition and valuation models; Conduct market and industry research; Assist in due diligence on potential acquisitions and in preparing Investment Committee memos and briefings; Assist in the asset management of the portfolio; Perform hold / sell analyses; Prepare and maintain property proformas and forecasts; Compile management reports. Candidate will be/possess: Collaborative and team-oriented; Strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities; Strong analytical and interpersonal skills; Highly motivated, self starter; Proactive learner, detail oriented with good organizational skills and ability to multi-task; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Argus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
– Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in finance, real estate, economics or accounting
– 1-2 years of relevant experience
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Interested candidates should submit their resumes to email@example.com
Associate/Senior Associate- Asset Managment
Harrison Street Real Estate Capital
Candidates should posses broad-based analytical kills, strong understanding of Excel and Power Point, have superior communication and research skills. Specific duties will include but are not limited to the following:
Analyze monthly financial performance and budgets; Model hold/sell/refinance scenarios and assist in the preparation of disposition investment committee memorandums; Accountable for JV and Fund level models; Assist in preparation of quarterly Fund flash reports; Participate in the annual business plan and valuation process; Prepare investor and co-investor reporting material on a quarterly and annual basis; Manage and update debt database; Analyze lease transactions; and assist in managing relationships with existing operating partners.
Interested candidates, send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.